Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

North America 3S users group?

spfeif
2010-03-16
2010-04-03
  • spfeif - 2010-03-16

Is CoDeSys irrelavant in North America? Every year 3S has CoDeSys events that are mainly in Europe only?

If 3S had a users group in North America, would you attend?

• ndzied1 - 2010-03-18

I'll try to be there...

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2010-03-31

Hi all,

in fact the discussion whether, when and how we can organize a CoDeSys Users' Conference in North America is of course already in progress for some years.

There are some serious questions open, which caused us not to do so far, like:

• Where to do it in NA (of course everybody would like it somewhere in his/her region)? Perhaps several locations?

• Who will do the organization and give the presentations? 3S has so far no rep office / subsidiary in NA. We can and would of course love to cooperate with our system partner in the US who already offered his services. Furthermore we know that the organization is a considerable effort which should be done on site ...

• How can we realize a follow up?

So please be patient - we did not forget you (how could we ) and we will defintely offer a conference in NA. But perhaps the NA users can give us/me some input on the questions... . It might help ...

• ndzied1 - 2010-04-03

Well, Steve and I are both in the Chicago area so I think that answers that question

Seriously, I was very disappointed at the lack of interest at the PLCS.net group. It was almost non-existent.

I would think that between my company office which has a training room that can seat 75 people and Bosch Rexroth which is nearby and uses CoDeSys as the basis for programming in their controls we should be able to accommodate a users group meeting.